With Desiree Zwanck and Dearbhla Glynn
Create Space to be present in the moment and reconnect with yourself.
Centre Mampuya http://www.mampuya.org/
11 - 13 January
This retreat is all about slowing down, resting, practicing yoga, meditating and ultimately stepping away from the business of daily life and responsibilities. Taking time to create space, reconnect with yourself, with nature and ultimately just be. Setting intentions can be an important step in creating a focus for the New Year ahead, through our meditation practice and silent walks we will call to mind any intentions you would like to set for the new year and focus on them.
Over the weekend we will connect with ourselves, our bodies, finding balance and cultivating inner peace. The weekend will create a sense of calm, quiet, nourishing our bodies, spirit and soul. There is a part of us that is always at peace this weekend we will use this time to come to that place of peace. This retreat will help to reconnect to our inner quiet and blissful stillness.
We will begin every morning with a meditation practice, followed by a lovely, healthy and super nutritious breakfast. We will then take a silent walk in the beautiful surroundings and come back for our morning yoga practice.
The morning practice will be warming flow in a Vinyasa style of yoga, open to all levels and abilities. The evening yoga practice is aims to to stretch, strengthen and lengthen muscles and open tired joints, over all creating a feeling of strength, openness and lightness within the body. Allowing the body and mind to let go and sink into deep relaxation.
There will be plenty of time to relax, read, rest, visit the local baobab trees or even go for a swim in the local swimming spot. The overall premise of the weekend is to come to a quiet space, appreciating the beauty of our surroundings and connecting to the inner calm and peace within ourselves.
Participation cost: 100.000 FCFA
Food and lodging (full board, vegetarian/vegan meals) for whole retreat: 60.000/single and 50.000/shared/double.
Massage and/or acupuncture will be available on-site and can be booked separately. See meselech Halle-Michael’s site for more information about her acupuncture practice: www.khamoya.com
5 pm: guided tour of Centre Mampuya
6-8 pm: welcome circle, meditation, stretch and relax yoga practice
8-9 pm dinner
6-8 am: morning meditation and yoga practice
8-9 am: breakfast
9 - 10 am silent walk10 - 12 am yoga practice
12-1 pm: lunch
Rest, Meditation, read, swim.
5- 7 pm evening yoga practice ( Yin - Restorative)
7-8 pm: dinner
9-10 - ( yoga Nidra or else rest)
6-8 am morning meditation, Vinyasa Practice
8-9 am: breakfast
10 - 11 Silent walk
11-12 am: closing meditation and closing circle.
12-1 pm: lunch
Booking and other details
· You can buy Kirene bottles at the Center, but not much else.
· What you need to bring: a yoga mat and a meditation pillow or cushion, a shawl or blanket to cover your shoulders when meditating, very comfortable clothes, warm clothes for the morning meditation, closed shoes for the walks, mosquito repellent, possibly a flash light. Popenguine beach is 10 min drive away, so up to you if you want to bring out the gear for that.
· Centre Mampuya will charge 30.000/night for single, and 25.000/night for double occupancy, per person. This means you will pay 60.000 for the whole stay if you take a room by yourself, and 50.000 if you share. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. All vegan/vegetarian meals.
· To finalize your booking, please call Abou at Centre Mampuya. He has a list with all the names for the retreat (just tell him, la retraite de Desiree du 11-13.01.2019) – call him to tell him if you want single or double occupancy, and with whom you will share your room (family occupancy is also possible). His number is: 775693773. Your booking will be complete when you will have wired 50% of the payment directly to Abou (Orange Money or Wari) to 774294547. Please make the transfer at the very latest by January 31st to secure your spot in the retreat, and don’t forget to let me know when you are done. You can reach me also on whatsapp +221763574483
· The participation cost can be paid on-site
To book email: email@example.com